October 12, 2022
Make a gift bag out of wrapping paper!
We love a beautifully wrapped gift, but sometimes you just need a gift bag—whether it’s for an overstuffed teddy bear, a baseball glove, or a sleeve of homemade cookies. No need to go buy something new, you can keep it eco-friendly and Wrappily-cute by fashioning our 100% recyclable and compostable paper into a custom made gift bag using this easy tutorial from @linesacross. (Seriously, we whipped-up the bags pictured here in just a few minutes!)
What you need:
1. Wrappily paper
2. Glue stick or double-sided tape
5. Chipboard or cardboard
6. Twine, yarn, or ribbon
7. A single hole punch
Reinforce: These bags are fine as-is for lighter items, but if your gift item weighs over a few pounds you can reinforce your bag in these ways:
- Add structure by cutting out a piece of chipboard or cardboard to place at the bottom of the bag (simply trace the box for the correct size).
- Reinforce the handles by glueing a strip of chipboard or card stock to the inside of the bag where the handles attach.
- Doubling up the paper will help the bag keep it's shape and give it more strength for heavier items.
- Have fun with the handles. In our testing, we experimented with stretches of jute, raffia, sisal, braided yarn, ribbon, even pipe cleaners. They all looked great.
Congratulations! You just created something beautiful and fun. Happy wrapping!