A Garden Party You'll Dig
Join us this Sunday for a time-honored rite of Spring, starting the garden. If you are on Maui, let's do it together; if not, carve out some time and do it with us from afar—we'll plant in solidarity to get this Spring growing!
- You need potting soil, seeds, a can, and 5.5" x 32" strips of Wrappily. (Of course any newsprint will do. Sadly, it just won't be as cute.)
- Invite some friends to join and make it a party!
- Using the can as a guide, roll the paper tightly around, about 3/4 of the way up the side of the can. Once finished, tuck in the remaining paper to cover the bottom of the can. If you prefer, reinforce bottom with a small piece of masking tape. Gently slide off can and voilà—a plastic-free planting container!
- Fill with soil and plant seeds according to instructions.
Water and watch grow.
- When it's time, plant your seedlings in the garden right in their 100% compostable container.
- Share your results with us using the hashtag #GrowWappily
Wrappily Garden Party Pop-up:
Sunday, March 16, 2014; 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Edible Hawaiian Islands at Maui Tropical Plantation
RSVP here, $25
Friends on Maui, come plant with us! Green thumbs, black thumbs, and everyone in between will have fun creating their personalized flat of garden starts in 100% compostable Wrappily. Co-hosted by the local food mavens at Edible Hawaiian Islands magazine, we'll enjoy a locally-sourced garden lunch, then dig-in to our planting work. Garden expert, Terry Huth, will be on hand for guidance and amazing advice for successful, organic gardening. All the supplies you need to build your flat of garden starts, including a variety of organic and heirloom vegetable seeds, are provided.
Event takes place at the
Leave a comment